Firmware version 2.0 (Released on 7 Dec)
- Improve focus accuracy on lenses
- AF-C shooting (Further optimisation needed for certain lenses)
- Video shooting (Further optimisation needed for certain lenses)
- Support correct lens model number written into EXIF
- Improve the speed to turn on the camera after image preview
- Improve compatibility of Tamron Lenses
- *Selective removal of the pre-set 63mm lens profile.
* To remove the profile, press and hold the silver button on the adapter to switch on the camera. Removing the profile will disable the distortion & vignetting correction function and may result in a more/less satisfactory image on different lenses. Please test before use.
Initialization of Techart EF-GFX adapter
The firmware v2.0 requires initialisation at first connection. The camera has to save the parameters of your lens in the first connection. The lens will run a full focusing from closest to infinity automatically after connected. (it normally takes less than 5 seconds). Please do not disturb or press any buttons during this initialization process. Once the camera has saved the parameters of the lens in the first connection, no further initialization is needed for the same lens. This initialization will repeat itself when a different lens is mounted onto the adapter.
- Prepare a mini-USB cable and connect the adapter to a computer with Windows 8 / 10 operating system
- Unzip and open the application.
- Left-click the EF-GF01 Adapter firmware
- Click the ‘Update’ button
- Wait until the power bar goes to complete (It usually takes less than 10 seconds)
- Update is finished